All the options described below can be seen under the "Options" tab:
Options are grouped logically, and equipped with tooltips for better overview and understanding. The number and variance of available options depends on:
- selected layout (eg - only some layouts can be auto-animated)
- your company plan (enterprise users have more options)
- whether you are part of our beta-test group (these users have early access to new features, provide us with real-use feedback, and are an important part of making sure our updates include things that are important to users)
With all layouts (except Still) you can change:
- Stop all animation - choose whether to stop all video playing, turn off the gesture hint and auto animation after a defined number of seconds, or never. This will help to comply with some publisher requirements or market expectations to reduce motion in ads. By default, the limit is set to off, so the animation does not stop. You can select the animation's max duration between 5-30 seconds.
- Sensitivity - you can use the slider to specify how sensitive to user action you want the ad to be. After every change, the quick preview is refreshed and you can test the result right away.
- Gesture - select whether to show how the viewer how to engage with the ad and use its interactivity. It's useful to hint to the viewer that your ad is interactive, but it may hide important graphics and/or text.
- Gesture icon - you can upload a new asset that will replace our default ones. When needed, you can always revert back to our default. Please note: you cannot resize the asset on the platform, and we show the gesture as is (if you want to show a bigger or smaller gesture, resize it on your computer and upload to Campaign Manager).
- Icon animation - whether the gesture icon is animated or remains still. This is when you want to reduce the number of animated elements in the ad.
With most layouts you can add these effects on top of the ad:
- Snow - to show white snowflakes slowly falling from above. It can spruce up your winter-theme creatives ❄️
- Hearts - to show red hearts slowly rising from below. Use this to show love to your ad viewers ❤️
Note: These two effects can be found under the "Extras" tab under the "Effects and Widget" heading.
3D Cube, 3D Prism, Carousel, Parallax 3D cube and Train layouts can be auto-animated. With the first 4 you can switch on Loop animation that will continue auto-animating indefinitely, or Start with spin that will automatically spin quickly one time when the ad is loaded.
Note: You cannot select "Loop animation" when "Auto animate" option is set to off. It just does not make sense to loop something that is disabled 😉
Train layout will always loop and cannot start with spin, but you can set the duration of each slide between 1 and 5 seconds.
Custom close button for interstitial ads
You can set a new Close button, or change its scale or position for interstitial ads. This can be especially useful when you want to use a custom asset for closing the ad, or position it differently for a specific market or website. Under "Close button" simply click "Upload new" or "Edit" to start changing our default asset. And, as always, you can drag the new Close image from your Asset library. When needed, you can also reset the icon to default.
Skip for video ads
Video ads can be skippable, and you can select after how many seconds the ad viewer can skip the ad.
Note: Before using this functionality verify the publisher allows it, as some prohibit blocking a user from closing ads.
Even more options
We are constantly developing, testing and experimenting with new options. Some of those have been made available for selected companies:
- Floating - 3D Cube, 3D Prism and Carousel can be set to not look like it's floating.
- Advertising notice bars - display advertisement notice bar overlay on top of ad. Top and bottom bar text can be set separately.
- Bordered tag - show a 1 pixel black frame around the ad.
Need an option you can't find here or want to use any of the above experimental options? Message us about customization options you are interested in.