The above is an example by what we mean by Countdown. You can also see a live demo. It will show seconds and minutes ticking away until your specified time. Actually, you can change what time units are shown, but we are getting ahead of ourselves. Let's start with ...
When to use Countdown?
We believe the widget is especially helpful when designing creatives for:
time-limited offers (eg Black Friday)
movie or TV series releases
product or website launches
your child's birthday invitation
How to set it up?
1. You can add the Countdown to each and every layout that we have. The widget can be found under "Extras" tab
2. Scroll down to the "Effects and Widgets" heading, and click on "Countdown". This will enable the feature, show it on the creative and set you modify different options.
3. You must choose the end date and time. Clicking on the field will open the calendar, where you can select the date. Clicking on the time allows you to select time. When showing the ad in multiple timezones, check the selection in the calendar view.
4. Reposition or rescale the Countdown on the ad by clicking on "View & Edit". This will open the scale and crop tool, where you can move the widget in place and scale the widget proportions. Click "Save" to return to the settings.
5. (Optional) Select which time units you want to show, and the time unit's labels under the numbers. You can shorten them, leave as blank or translate into the audience language.
6. (Optional) Select the color of numbers and time units labels. You can click on the icon to open the color picker to use the select the color or enter it's value as hex code.
That's it! You are now ready to publish your first Countdown ad.