A pixel tracker is a transparent or camouflaged 1 x 1-pixel graphic embedded as an HTML code snippet that loads when a user visits a website or views an email. They are useful in providing captured data to advertisers by revealing valuable metrics that measure online marketing activities, provide web analysis, and track email marketing performance.
Global pixel URLs refer to third-party pixels that are fired on broader levels, rather than enabled pixel placements at the affiliate, offer, and global levels.
You can easily edit multiple pixel trackers in your creative campaign from your campaign’s Creative settings section in CM. Add either or both, pixel trackers for your assets or Global Pixel URLs to your campaign’s creative.
Note: Adding a Global Pixel (third-party impression) tracker can drastically penalize your programmatic traffic reach. We strongly advise you to use third-party trackers only for interactions. Click to read more here.
Global Pixel URL
- Open the Creative settings section and click on the Tracking tab.
- Click on the Add Global Pixel URL button and enter the desired URL
- Click the Add another Global Pixel URL button to enter additional URLs.
- Edit the entered Global Pixel URL by clicking on it. When finished, click outside of the modified input field for the edit/deletion to take effect.
- Remove the entered Global Pixel URL by hovering over it. A small delete icon appears on the right top corner. Click on it to remove the URL.
Asset-specific pixel URL
You can as well add a pixel tracker for logo or CTA assets, assets on the side of cube, overlay elements, etc. The assets you can track can be found under Tracking tab.