Once you have created your Nexd Campaign Manager campaign and added creatives, it's time to publish it.
1. Select creatives
On the creative list, check the box next to the creatives you want to publish.
Pro tip: You can also select all creatives using the small checkbox underneath the campaign's name.
Click on the "Publish" button.
Pro tip: You can click on the small arrow next to the Publish button to choose whether to download one or multiple spreadsheet for each platform. This will help you reduce manual work when you're using many creatives on multiple platforms. You will have one file per platform. Note: Depending on your browser, you may have to allow our website to download multiple files. When this happens, a similar popup will appear, just click "Allow":
2. Confirm (new creatives)
You'll be be taken to an overview where you'll see a list of all the creatives you're about to publish. If you are updating existing creatives and publishing new ones, these are grouped accordingly. Review the list, and click "Publish" again.
Note: when you have selected creatives that have been previously published, then no confirmation is needed.
3. Download the spreadsheet, copy tags or download ZIP
In the publishing modal you will see creatives grouped by platform. You have three different options to work with the published creatives:
- You can use the "Download for ... platform" button to download a spreadsheet with each creative name, size and tag. For Adform and Google Display & Video 360 you can directly import these and banners will be created in the platform automatically. For other platforms, the spreadsheet helps you reduce errors in moving data from one platform to another. Either way, this will help you reduce manual work when you have to enter many creatives into another platform.
- View the tag, and then select "Copy tag to clipboard" to simplify pushing it to your preferred DSP or website:
3. You can also download each creative zip or tag separately, or all at once:
Note: ZIP is only available for creatives with Google Ads selected as the platform. All other platforms use a tag.
You'll also receive an email confirming the creatives are published, and an attachment with the tags you've just created.
Update live creative
When you have already published a creative, but need to make a small change (eg reposition the overlay logo asset) then you should:
- open that creative
- click on "Click to edit Live Creative" button
- make your changes
- click on "Update Live" button
After that the creative is republished, and when the changes were not big (eg you did not change the placement size, platform, global URL) then the ad is changed on-the-fly. With big changes, we'll notify that you need to update the tag in the ad network or publisher website.
View or download tags / zips
Whenever you need you can see the same exporting options as described before (step 3). Just select the creatives you are interested in and click the "View tags / zips" icon.
Follow the statuses
You can see the current state of your creative or campaign with the help of small status flags on the right side of each:
You can hover over it to see the explanation of the statuses, but let's go over a common flow. After your creative is published, its status is changed from "Draft" to "Waiting for traffic". The statuses may then be:
- Waiting for traffic - creative has been published, but it had less than 500 impressions in the last 24h
- Live - creative had over 500 impressions in the last 24h
- Paused - creative has been live, but has received less than 500 impressions in the last 24h
- Finished - creative has been live, but it had less than 500 impressions in the last 8 days or it has been in "Paused" status for more than 8 days
- Archived - creative has been archived by user
The same status changes are followed in campaign level with the caveat that it is a summary of all creatives. Eg when there is at least one creative "Live", then whole campaign status is "Live" and campaign can be "Finished" only when all creatives under it are "Finished".
Please note that when you selected "Google Ads" as platform then status will remain "Published for Google Ads" as we cannot detect any status changes in our platform.